Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

Oh, Halloween. A day dedicated to kids running around with bulky costumes while consuming mass amounts of candy and desserts. Sounds like a teacher or parent's worst nightmare. Not for me! My outlook on Halloween? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Despite how zonked I am right now, I had an extremely enjoyable day! Life is too short, kids won't be kids for long..... let's have fun! 

I take my Halloween costumes VERY seriously. I won't settle for a simple witch, clown, or ghost. I always think outside the box and come up with costume ideas that are meaningful to our class. Last year in 2011 when I taught Kindergarten, I dressed up as a pretzel. The kids knew how much I love pretzels and bringing me pretzels during snack time became a daily competition among the students.


This year, I dressed up as a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is a common theme in our Pre-K room. We have a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom behavior chart, we read the book a lot, and always watch this fun YouTube video:



Happy Halloween!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment